Come work for us! We're recruiting for a Senior Advisor, Implementation role
The primary function of the Senior Advisor, Implementation is to support agencies to lead CEI’s implementation work. As the Senior Advisor, Implementation, you will assist client organisations in a variety of ways, including leading consultation, determining training needs and overseeing subsequent training activities, providing post-training support including field observations, facilitating local implementation teams, and managing the establishment and operation of continuous quality assurance mechanisms. You will also manage projects, research activities and publications depending on the nature of the projects allocated. The Senior Advisor, Implementation, will benefit from a strong grounding in the implementation science literature.
- Manage a diverse range of activities that result in the development and effective implementation of effective programs, practices and service models including but not limited to:
- Determining the training/development needs of practitioners/supervisors, and design training and coaching approaches for provider agency staff in use of evidence‐based practice or programs
- Coordinating training/development activities, including scheduling, preparation and communication with client personnel regarding logistics, etc.
- Providing high quality initial training to practitioners and supervisors
- Conducting regular post-training consultations with practitioner/supervisor teams.
- Structuring and conducting regular field observation reviews of practitioners and supervisors, demonstrating, observing and providing direct feedback to practitioners and supervisors in a manner suited to facilitate skill acquisition.
- Manage knowledge exchange and implementation activities
- Manage project planning and implementation activities
- Build knowledge and capability of partner organisations in implementation science through the delivery of training and coaching
- Play a lead role working with team to prepare tenders and grant submissions including budget preparation
What you will bring:
You will be a proactive and enthusiastic member of the team with a demonstrated ability to solve problems through informed, analytical and critical thinking. Your strong sense of integrity, professional ethics and commitment to evidence informed practice and policymaking will see you build and influence well-developed relationships and support the ongoing growth of CEI. Your highly developed interpersonal skills will see you engage with stakeholders effectively and impart high-level information clearly and in a manner that is understood by all.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- A strong philosophical commitment to the scientist‐practitioner model, and the development and dissemination of evidence-based practice
- Master’s level qualification in a relevant field (e.g., psychology, social work, health etc.)
- Significant experience managing community-based and home-based service delivery using evidence-based and/or empirically supported interventions to treatment
- Expertise and credibility in at least 2 of the following content areas: public health, child and social welfare, education, health, housing, early years, parenting and families, justice and employment and a willingness to quickly develop expertise in the other areas.
- Clinical competence in family therapy, behaviour therapy, child development, and parenting interventions
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build/maintain professional networks
- Skills in developing material and leading facilitation of professional development and/or training events
- Experience independently preparing & disseminating high quality documents (such as, correspondence, reports and presentations) .
- Excellent client and project management skills, including, budget management, experience supervising staff, resource management and conflict management and resolution
- Familiarity with the principles and practices of implementation science including a strong understanding of related literature
- Desirable - PhD in health, social science, or related discipline
What’s in it for you:
- Agile work environment
- Competitive salary reflective of skills and experience
To apply for this role, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close Friday 8th February.
Position Description – Senior Advisor, Implementation
We know diversity makes a positive difference, and we encourage people from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander and other diverse backgrounds to apply.
Please note: The Centre for Evidence and Implementation (CEI) is founded by Save the Children Australia. Being a child-safe organisation, all employees are required to undergo a National Police Check, a Working with Children Check, and sign our Child Protection Policy and Code of Conduct.