September 2021 Newsletter
The CEI team are honoured to contribute to work that creates impact, especially in such challenging times. We are particularly proud to share news of the launch of two Singapore-based, evidence focused centres at the National University of Singapore Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine. CEI is a partner in both the Centre for Holistic Initiatives for Learning and Development (CHILD), recently launched, and the Centre for Behavioural and Implementation Science Interventions (BISI), which will launch in September.
Additional highlights include the growth of our common elements portfolio, our work to strengthen research uptake capacity in low- and middle-income countries, and reports published for UNICEF and the Australian Royal Commission into Violence, Abuse, Neglect and Exploitation of People with Disability. Further details of these and other projects are shared in this month’s newsletter.
Events, News and PublicationsExecutive Director Dr Robyn Mildon contributed to a Singaporean Civil Service College Symposium: Transiting to the New Normal - Evidence & Insights to Address COVID-19 & Post-COVID-19 Challenges last month.
A presentation Dr Mildon gave to Mental Health Victoria’s Preparing for Reform symposium in June is now available here.
Senior Advisor David Taylor ran the Australian Evaluation Society webinar Tech tools and apps to support your evaluation work in July.
Our report for UNICEF in Serbia is now available online.
Senior Advisor Dr Ellie Ott will lead two symposiums and deliver three presentations at the upcoming EuSARF 2021 Perspective of the Child Conference in Zurich, Switzerland, September 1-3. EuSARF is the XVI European Scientific Association on Residential & Family Care for Children and Adolescents.
Two new reports that CEI has undertaken for What Works for Children’s Social Care in the UK were published in the last month:
- Systematic Review and Meta Analysis of Policies, Programmes and Interventions that Improve Outcomes for Young People Leaving the Out-of-Home Care System
- Matching in Foster Care Systematic Review
The CHILD launch in Singapore was picked up by several media outlet
- New centre to focus on improving physical, mental health of young children in S’pore: The Straits Times, 28 July 2021
- Unregulated screen time during early childhood years can lead to developmental issues: Study: The Straits Times, 28 July 2021
- Channel News Asia's ‘Health Matters’ Interview with Assistant Professor Evelyn Law
Our 2021 joiners so far
CEI’s multidisciplinary team has grown considerably since the beginning of the year.
Please join us in welcoming: