We're hiring for an Advisor to join our Singapore team working on a variety of projects
- Singapore location
- Newly created role
- 2-year contract
To achieve our strategic objectives and maximize our efforts, the Advisor will contribute to CEI’s capacity to conduct rigorous program evaluations, evidence reviews, and contribute to the development of proposals. You will have a good understanding of evidence-based practice in human services, strong analytical and communication skills (written and spoken) and experience with leading and working in teams.
Under the direction of the Director, the Advisor will support various evaluation projects by ensuring high-quality, timely deliverables. Activities will include:
- Deliver projects, or components of projects, requiring strong quantitative and qualitative research evaluation methodologies as directed.
- Lead the conduct of data collection and collation
- Train and/or support training of research assistants in data collection and collation, evaluation methodology and use of evaluation instruments where required.
- Draft evaluation project reports and other publications.
- Facilitate strong relationships externally with community partners and other stakeholders, as required.
- Work in an integrated way with others on the CEI team, bringing high-level research and evaluation expertise to help achieve project outcomes.
- Develop, support and follow research and evaluation quality control processes.
- Develop, monitor and update project work plans and deliverables ongoing evaluation projects.
- Interface with clients/funders and other project stakeholders to plan, implement, review and report on the evaluation as needed and requested.
- Run and provide support to the project teams by preparing agendas, reporting progress, raising issues of concern or risk, documenting decision-making and enacting required changes.
- Provide support to the Director in budgeting, progress and financial reporting.
- Provide technical support to projects at all stages.
- Undertake management and related duties for other ongoing projects at CEI
- Contribute to the preparation of project proposals and tenders for other CEI work
- Participate in CEI Singapore and global staff and learning development meetings
- Other duties as required
- Knowledge of, and a commitment to the work of CEI
- Strong sense of professional ethics, commitment to research informed practice and policymaking
- Ability to show initiative, solve problems, analyse and interpret data
- Demonstrated understanding of methods, with evaluation and research experience
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills including problem resolution and a collaborative approach to multi-disciplinary teamwork
- Background in managing client relationships and engaging effectively with stakeholders
- Strong project management skills and ability to produce deliverables on time
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- A high level of integrity and professionalism
- Commitment to the ongoing development of a strong organisational culture
- Motivation, energy and resilience
- Willingness to participate in, and contribute to a learning environment
Key Selection Criteria
What’s in it for you:
To apply for this role, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Applications close COB Friday 23rd October.
Position Description – Advisor
Please note: The Centre for Evidence and Implementation (CEI) is founded by Save the Children Australia. Being a child-safe organisation, all employees are required to undergo a National Police Check, a Working with Children Check, and sign our Child Protection Policy and Code of Conduct.