This free webinar discussed new research into participatory grantmaking – the emerging practice of involving grantees and communities in decision-making on grant allocation.
Wednesday 14 June: VIEW WEBINAR RECORDING
Commissioned by the Paul Ramsay Foundation and undertaken by CEI, this new and leading research looks at the evidence for participatory grantmaking approaches, how they have been applied in practice, what such approaches can achieve, and recommendations for the sector to advance these approaches.
- Ms Jo Taylor, Chief Executive Officer, Siddle Family Foundation
- Dr Renee Lim, Director of Program Development, Pam McLean Centre & former Health Grants Advisor, Paul Ramsay Foundation
- Dr Vanessa Rose, Director, Centre for Evidence and Implementation
- Ms Maryanna Abdo, Managing Director, Centre for Evidence and Implementation
- Ms Chloe Ang, Research Assistant, Centre for Evidence and Implementation
- Introduced participatory grantmaking and the evidence in this area
- Highlighted recommendations from the research report
- Discussed practical tips and considerations
- Explored questions in a panel session chaired by Jo Taylor (Siddle Family Foundation), with dedicated Q&A time
This free webinar was chaired by Philanthropy Australia CEO, Jack Heath, and was presented in partnership with Philanthropy Australia.